Where can I get help?

If you wish to appeal a decision by Social Security Scotland, their advisers will be able to help you submit the form to make an appeal. 

Contact Social Security Scotland Freephone client helpline: 0800 182 2222, 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.

Support and Assistance


You can bring a supporter to the tribunal. A supporter is someone who can give you moral support. 


You may wish to seek representation. 

There are a number of organisations and charities who can help you with your appeal. For example, a Citizens Advice Bureau or a Local Authority Welfare Rights team.

A representative can speak for you and can attend the hearing with you. They can help you prepare for the hearing. You don't need to be represented as tribunals are designed to be used by people who are not represented.