The First-tier Tribunal for Scotland Social Security Chamber ("the Chamber") is independent and impartial.
We listen to both sides involved in the appeal and consider all the facts and evidence before making a decision on the appeal.
Benefits you can appeal
At present the only Social Security Scotland benefits that have a right of appeal to the Chamber are:
- Pregnancy and Baby Payment (introduced December 2018)
- Early Learning Payment (introduced April 2019)
- School Age Payment (introduced June 2019)
- Funeral Support Payment (introduced September 2019)
- Young Carer Grant (introduced October 2019)
- Winter Heating Assistance for Children and Young People (introduced November 2020)
- Scottish Child Payment (introduced February 2021)
- Child Disability Payment (introduced 26 July 2021)
These benefits are awarded by Social Security Scotland. In time more benefits will be devolved to Scotland and all appeals will be heard by this Chamber.