The First-tier Tribunal for Scotland Social Security Chamber ("the Chamber") is independent and impartial.
We listen to both sides involved in the appeal and consider all the facts and evidence before making a decision on the appeal.
Benefits you can appeal
At present the only Social Security Scotland benefits that have a right of appeal to the Chamber are:
- Pregnancy and Baby Payment (introduced 10 December 2018)
- Early Learning Payment (introduced 27 April 2019)
- School Age Payment (introduced 3 June 2019)
- Funeral Support Payment (introduced 16 September 2019)
- Young Carer Grant (introduced 21 October 2019)
- Winter Heating Assistance for Children and Young People (introduced 23 November 2020)
- Scottish Child Payment (introduced 15 February 2021)
- Child Disability Payment (introduced 26 July 2021)
- Adult Disability Payment (introduced 29 August 2022)
These benefits are awarded by Social Security Scotland. In time more benefits will be devolved to Scotland and all appeals will be heard by this Chamber.